Seattle Segway FAQ
- How old do you have to be?
- We can cater to any child 10 years of age or older. As far as an age limit, we are unwilling to set one. Please make us aware when you call us if you are worried that someone in your group may be unable to participate. We have trained tour guides that give each individual instructions and safety precautions before each tour for people who are afraid to try the self balancing wonders of the Segway or do not meet the age requirements. Call us for further details.
- How many people are in a group?
- We take small groups, minimum of two maximum 8 riders at a time. We can at times get a hold of more Segways if you call us in advance to ask.
- What if it rains?
- If the weather is anything beyond a light rain then we will not charge your card. Most segway tours would ask that you go out in the rain, but we prefer to stay dry as well.
- What if it is hot?
- Luckily, we purchased our Segways with on-board air conditioning systems for your riding pleasure. Not really but seriously, the Segways do move at a brisk pace and create a breeze. Besides, it’s not like you will be working up a sweat pedaling or anything. We’ll make you a deal, if the temperature is over 100 degrees, we will be happy to reschedule your tour.
- What if I don’t want to take a ‘tour”?
- Understandable. We get that not everybody wants to hear us talk forever. We tailor each tour to our guests wants and needs. If you want to hear all of the interesting facts about our area and some of it’s history, we got ’em. If you just want to ride around on an amazingly fun toy and see cool stuff, well, that’s what we like, too. Just let us know how you would like to proceed or we will be forced to gauge your interest with our mind reading capabilities. Just like you, we just want to make sure that everybody has fun.
- How do I get there?
- As for directions, well, they can be found on the location tab of this website.
- What is a Segway Human Transporter?
- A Segway Human Transporter is an electrically powered personal transportation device. Thanks to dynamic stabilization technology, which uses high-tech gyroscopes and sensors, a Segway stays balanced by responding to your body’s movements. Because of its small size, a Segway can go almost anywhere people can go.
- How do I use a Segway Human Transporter?
- When you step on a Segway, you will realize that it is balancing for you. It moves in response to your movements. To move forward, just lean slightly forward. To move backward, lean slightly backward. To turn left or right, simply move the Segway’s steering grip left or right. You will feel a sense of power and speed, but you will also maintain a feeling of safety and control. The Segway’s technology will keep you upright during any movement.
- Is it safe to use a Segway Human Transporter?
- A great deal of research has gone into ensuring the Segway will provide a safe experience when used appropriately. The Segway has also been evaluated by four independent agencies for safety. When used appropriately, a Segway will provide a safe and enjoyable ride.
This information above is based on the data provided by Segway, Inc.’s website. Please visit segway.com for more details.